- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
❌ Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant
While this sounds like a fun book, but I’m not into the lost memories trope, usually.
✅ Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson
Steampunk, fantasy, and romance– I’m down.
✅ Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch
The hardest part about this is that it is an epic, so I know it will take me a long time to read and even longer to get the motivation to read it. But the first book was soooo good and I do want to read this.
✅ Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
I’m not always the biggest fan of the sci-fi, but this one does have a giant robot and such high reviews, so I want to try it.
♛ The Highs ♛
I only added four books this week. After so many weeks of dozens of adds, this small haul is shocking.
- Just Drop Out by J. Bree
- Found and Forged by Ivy Asher
- Newt’s Emerald by Garth Nix
Gotta say, I’m a sucker for books where women disguise themselves to be men. Just a trope that works for me.
- The Upside of Falling by Alex Light
TBR Total: 1000 — a decrease of 16! I tried reading more books on the TBR and I ended up removing a few other books during the week.