Weekend here we come!! But more like — look out TBR pile it is Friday and I’m coming for you!
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
✅ Kulti by Mariana Zapata
I think the most surprising thing is that there is a Zapata books I haven’t read! especially one so popular…. but I will! One day! This one isn’t at my libraries except as audio so erg, I can’t do that. I know I’ll have to buy this one.
❌Spider’s Revenge by Jennifer Estep
This was a difficult choice. I’ve lost interest in this series as I had to stop reading it as the repetition was starting to annoy me. It has been 2 years since I read it and I’m not inclined to return. Although, this isn’t to say I wouldn’t recommend the series to others– it is interesting.
✅ Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames
Okay, I’ve heard AMAZING things about this one and it has been recommended to me as well. I do plan on reading it. For some reason I feel like waiting for a languid day in the autumn or winter…. honestly I almost feel like reading it today haha, but think I’m putting it off until December/January.
❌Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton
Now, I’ve heard good things about this one, but I also wasn’t a fan of The Queen’s of Innis Lear. So, I’m not sure… ah okay, I’m going to pass because a lot of people are saying it is a slower pace which isn’t usually my style.
❌Archenemies by Marissa Meyer
This is another difficult one for me. I enjoyed Renegades but did think it was a wee bit… wandering, if you will. It felt overly long, which seems to be the theme with this one, but I do love stories where the main characters are anti-heroes/villains. Uggghhhhh this is a hard choice, but I suppose I’ll remove this one as I don’t think I’ll get back to it. Such a shame… Continue reading “TBR Lows & Highs #105”