Last week’s post went really well. I wasn’t able to truly keep my TBR down since I keep adding so much to it, but I’m trying.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation of why you removed it
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
- Riders by Veronica Rossi
Now, this one does sound super interesting, but there are few things in the synopsis which are red flags for me mainly the “beautiful but frustratingly secretive girl” part. I’ll pass unless someone tells me they love it.
- Beneath the Fall by Aaron Safronoff
This one has just lost my interest
- Ash by Jaymin Eve
I’m on the edge with this one, but since my libraries don’t have it, I’ll pass.
- Embers by Karen Ann Hopkins
I feel like I’m getting rid of a lot of YA fantasy from my list this week! It has a huge synopsis and I didn’t feel like reading it all soooo might as well skip.
- A Crucible of Souls by Mitchell Hogan
There is nothing wrong with this book, but it just isn’t grabbing me and none of my GR friends have read it. I’m just trying to be super harsh because my TBR is so long. Plus, I have to be honest… when I think about checking out this book my immediate thought is “mmmm maybe later” which isn’t a positive sign.
♛ The Highs ♛
- Kick by John L. Monk
I can’t remember where I found this one, but it is about a guy who is essentially dead and possesses bad people– lives in their lives a few days, then kills them by suicide. So, dark? Yes. It also sounds a little slow, but I’m so interested.
- Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
I haven’t read Uprooted yet either but this book is one I thought was already on my TBR! I really do want to read this one.
- The Dark Ones by Rachel Van Dyken
This one was talked about in one of my GR groups. I was intrigued by what they said about it and what they remembered about it from the first time they read it.
- Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy
Look, I don’t know what you want from me. This is by Sarina Bowen, who wrote the Man Card series, which I liked and it is a hockey romance. I’m dying for a good hockey romance. Unfortunately, my libraries don’t have it… yet. We will see…
- Black Beach by Glynis Guevara
Written by a Canadian WOC with POCs, mentions of mental illness in one of the characters, and a potential mystery — the more I read about this book, the more excited I am to read it.
Well, I’m down to 710 books and I like knowing that I’m weeding out the books I’m not as interested in anymore and making room for ones I’m more interested in 🙂 Hopefully this will help me when I’m looking for something to read when I’m mood reading.