The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blogs.
So, I didn’t set a Weekly TBR because I had no idea what even I wanted to read this week. It has been…strange.
From Monthly/Weekly TBR — Challenge Reading —
Kindle Unlimited – Graphic Novel —
Novella (under 200 pages) — LGBTQIA —
Review Copy — Group/Buddy Read —
Owned/Purchased — Recommended to me —
- Anonymous Noise, Volumes 10 – 18 by Ryoko Fukuyama 💥
⭐⭐⭐⭐ – I finished and I’m so glad I kept on it! I complained about the angsty romance the entire time I read it only to get to the end and realize along with the main characters that it isn’t about the romance… it is about growing up and coming into ourselves. UGH SO GOOD!
- A Sign of Affection volumes 1 and 2 by Suu Morishita 💥🍰
⭐⭐⭐⭐.5 – Yes this series so far is on KU! It also features a deaf main character — a first in manga for me. It is sweet and I can’t wait to see where it will go.
- That Wolf-Boy is Mine!, Vol. 1 by Yoko Nogiri 💥🍰
⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Another KU book although the rest of the series is not 😢.
- The Water Dragon’s Bride, Vol. 1 by Rei Toma 💥
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – SO GOOD! I’m dying to get my hands on the next books.
- Nora Jacobs series by Jackie May 🍰
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – For the most part I really loved this series. So much, I even started reading other books by these authors haha.
- My Soul to Keep by Jackie May 🍰🌱
⭐⭐⭐ – Pretty good for a novella.
- Shayne Davies 1 🌱 and 2 by Jackie May 🍰
⭐⭐⭐⭐ – More UF than PNR which I wasn’t expecting, but still a fun read.
- The Hitman’s Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot by Alice Winters 🍰🌈⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Back to Leland and Jackson! Now they are married ^_^ I hope if there are more books in this series that they follows Cassel too!
- Failed Princesses, Vol. 1 by Ajiichi 💥🌈
⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Cute and the start of a f/f romance ^_^
- 100 Cookies by Sarah Kieffer 👑
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Totally wishing I had a bigger kitchen and baking supplies because O M G! I wanna make cookies hahaha.
- Caged Kitten by Rhea Watson 🍰✌
⭐⭐⭐.5 – I had been waiting for this one for a long time and it was… okay. I’m not a huge fan of prison settings which might have effected it.
- Fun Home by Alison Bechdel 💥👑🎮
⭐⭐⭐ – I can’t remember why this was recommended to me, I just remember it was. This was alright, I read it preparation for Banned Book Week.
- Cold Shadows by J.L. Bryan ✌
⭐⭐⭐⭐ – Creepy! Just what I wanted!! And I do think it was better than book 1, so I want to keep reading… of course book 3 isn’t available at my library NOR on KU… although book 4 and on is on KU *sigh* 99 cents… maybe I’ll break down and get it.