Weekend here we come!! But more like — look out TBR pile it is Friday and I’m coming for you!
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
❌Her Name in the Sky by Kelly Quindlen
Look, I’m sure this is a fantastic book– it has amazing reviews and over 4 star rating. I’m removing it though because it is sad and everyone says they are crying, even the synopsis sounds uber sad, so I know personally I will never pick it up.
❌The Gravity Between Us by Kristen Zimmer
I heard this one did not age well and I think I can find better f/f fic out there to read. UGH it hurts to remove two queer books off my TBR in one week, but I honestly think there is better out there! Especially those books coming out in 2021, you know?
✅Parasite by Mira Grant
I swear Seanan McGuire is hit or miss with me– her writing is always amazing, so it is always a preference thing. This sounds great, so I think I’ll keep it, I just don’t know when I get around to reading it…
❌ Empire of Sand by Tasha Suri
While this one does sound amazing, I’m not one for slower fantasy novels. I get bored too quickly — especially if they are long too.
❌Sebastian by Anne Bishop
Anne Bishop has written one of my favorite series ever: The Others, so I want to read another series or book by her, but everything seems so different or not totally my thing. As much as I want to read this, I hear it is a slow start with people giving the beginning just 2 stars… ugh. I’m thinking this is another one not for me.
YIKES, I feel like I was really vicious this week…
♛ The Highs ♛
Again, less than 20 adds. I am on fire with keeping myself under control ^_^. This week I’ll be showing off my top 5 additions to my TBR this week.
- Pretty Stolen Dolls by Ker Dukey
This sounds really dark, but sometimes I’m in the mood for that. This one also seems to revolve around the crime more, but we will see.
- The Other Side of the Sky by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
This looks beautiful and sounds like it will be an entertaining journey. Also, is the cat really a character???
- Shifter Shenanigans by Shelley Munro
Picked this one up for free through Amazon~
- The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang
I just finished The Poppy War and… WOw. I’m excited to start this one.
- Rules of Redemption by T.A. White
I heard this one is “need to binge” good, so I’m intrigued. The synopsis sounds so much fun and I’d jump in now if I didn’t have a thousand other books I need to read first.
TBR TOTAL: 1099 — same as last week!
Honestly, this is a bit shocking because I’ve been doing a serious amount of re-reading this week… like, at least 4 or 5 books have been re-reads, so I don’t know how I’ve kept things even keel over here, but I’ll take it!