It’s Monday! What are you Reading? is a post to share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It is hosted by Kathryn at Bookdate.
My classes are getting on alright and I don’t think I’m behind! I just have to keep this up!!
Queens of Geek is a book I’ve been meaning to read for awhile, so when a buddy read opportunity came up in the GR group: For Love of a Book, I decided to jump on it. The buddy read started on Friday, so I was only a few days late 🙂 I loved it!
Rabbit Trick is a novella in the Mindspace Investigations series. It was way short, but I do really like this world now.
My fellow bookworms, these are the books I want to get read this week! There might be fun ones on the side, or less serious ones for when I’m tired, but these 8 are ones I’m dedicated to finishing this week.
- I’m over halfway done with Daughter of Smoke and Bone and as my audiobook for this month, I want to make sure I finish it. I did have to renew it already
- One of my GR groups does a TBR lottery twice a month –# gets called and we pick a book on out TBRs with that # in it (43, 143, 243, etc) and for the first one, The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O is my book pick. I am trying to pick standalones really… anyhow, it is a LONG book and I want to finish it before the 16th, when the next book lottery # will be called.
- I’m doing a year long series read of Ranger’s Apprentice, so we are reading The Burning Bridge this month! I enjoyed the last book 🙂
- We Were Liars is another Buddy Read I signed up for and one I’ve been meaning to read for months. The buddy read happens next week, but I’ve got to return it before then.
- Flight Season is a Netgalley approval which will be published next week! I’m trying to stay on top of my approvals!
- Sovereign is the second/final book in the Nemesis duology and I picked up the physical copy from the library a whiiiiiile ago. Once I finish this one, I’ll have no more physical library books to read!
- I’m doing a year long series read of The Last Apprentice, so we are reading Curse of the Bane this month.
- Look, I’m having a several year long engagement, so I’m kind of a sucker for anything that mentions weddings. I had a weak moment and picked The Man I Want to be up from Netgalley and with the publication date coming up soon, I should really read it.
Series TBR Takedown Update
After about a week long deliberation, I’ve decided to give up on TMI… I read the first three books last year, I read TDI, and last week I read City of Fallen Angels. While the first three books and even TDI had a good amount of humor I appreciated, City of Fallen Angels really rubbed me the wrong way. People are acting different, I rolled my eyes more than laughed (I didn’t laugh at all so…), and the Clary & Jace thing just makes me frustrated. I almost put City of Lost Souls up on my TBR this week –I do have the book from the library, but I practically groaned when thinking about it.
I know I’m so close to finishing — just 4 books left: City of Lost Souls, City of Heavenly Fire, The Bane Chronicles, and Tales from the Shadowhunter’s Academy
But… if I force myself to keep reading I might like the series even less and giving myself the option to stop reading the series felt like a huge load was taken off my shoulders.
So, this is a huge bummer, and I feel horrible knowing I won’t be able to finish this challenge, but hopefully I will be able to read everything else on my list.