Weekend here we come!! But more like — look out TBR pile it is Friday and I’m coming for you!
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
✅Everything You Want Me to Be by Mindy Mejia
Pretty much all my GR friends who have read this have rated it highly. I’m not sure exactly if it for me or not, but I’ll keep it on my list for a bit longer, just in case I’m interested in reading a YA thriller.
❌Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee
As cute as it sounds, it also sounds like I might be bored reading this one.
❌Navigating the Stars by Maria V. Snyder
This was a rough one to consider. I go back and forth on my feelings about this author’s works. In the end, I’ve decided to remove it, because I don’t think I’ll ever feel brave enough to start it and sci-fi is difficult for me to like at times.
✅The Gods of Men by Barbara Kloss
I think… I’ll keep this one. This sounds like an epic New Adult Fantasy — perhaps a little confusing, but it has potential to be great, I think.
✅Seafire by Natalie C. Parker
I have a hard time turning down pirate books, especially feminist pirate books… even if I rarely ever read them. Maybe one day!!
♛ The Highs ♛
Back to 30 adds this week, I’m not at all sad though ^_^ A lot of the adds were me updating the list with the Netgalley books. Anyhoooo, here are my top 10 additions this week!
- The Fantastic Flue by Sam Burns
“A lost fox. A gorgeous ghost. And an unlikely partnership to stop a murderer.” Look, not gonna lie, that line sold me on this book. Through in LGBT characters, a ton of positive reviews, and now I can’t wait to read it.
- We Are The Fire by Sam Taylor
“Worse still, they both soon find that the only way to defeat the monsters that subjugated them may be to become monsters themselves.” Yeeeeeesssss! Also do you see they have antlers and claws??? I’m so excited to read this.
- Don’t Hex and Drive by Juliette Cross
The first book was cute and light, so I’m sure this will be another fun read.
- Dead Rockstar by Lillah Lawson
This sounds absolutely absurd. She resurrects her favorite rockstar??? And now needs to keep him safe from other things she’s accidentally awakened?!? This sounds silly enough that I’ve GOT to read it.
- Alecto the Ninth by Tamysn Muir
HONESTLY, this book could not be published fast enough. I’m still hoping for a happy ending, but I have no idea what that might look like.
- 101 Greatest Cookies on the Planet by Erin Mylroie
Bruh, what? A cookbook?? On MY list?! Hell yeah! 101 Greatest cookies?! Sign me the eff up.
- Her Night with the Duke by Diana Quincy
Gotta admit never thought I’d see, “Her step-daughter’s suitor is a man she had a one night stand with…and can’t seem to forget” sooooo yeah, this sounds dramatic enough it has to be good.
- Queen’s Quality, Vol. 2 by Kyousuke Motomi
I’m really enjoying this series and I’m so, so lucky my library has it all online!!
- Takane & Hana, Vol. 1 by Yuki Shiwasu
I can’t stop thinking about this series and, yeah, none of my libraries have it, but UGH I want to read it so bad!!
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert
I finally finished Take a Hint, Dani Brown and I’m full of happiness! I can only imagine how wonderful this next one will be 🙂
TBR TOTAL: 1108
So, 9 more than last week. Honestly? Not terrible. I always get an increase at the beginning of the month because of buddy reads, people showing off new books coming out, etc. In addition, I’ve mostly been re-reading books, so I haven’t been working on my TBR at all. So, not bad.