Weekend here we come!! 😀 But more like — look out TBR pile it is Friday and I’m coming for you! 😈
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
✅ Children of Virtue and Vengence by Tomi Adeyemi
I loved the first book! I’m waiting to continue until the third book drops, that way I can binge instead of trying to remember things.
❌ Black Wings Beating by Alex London
As much as I love the cover, this time around when I read the synopsis I wasn’t actually interested. It seems okay, but not something I’m into–unless it is recommended to me, that might be the only push I need.
✅ The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang
Bruh, I’m getting like dark, grown-up Tamora Pierce-vibes here and I’m loving it. Yes, I know nothing about this is like Tortall or Alanna, but… something about it is clicking for me.
✅ Faerie by Delle Jacobs
A standalone fantasy novel that was recommended to me OH and it is on KU– let me just download that now~
✅ Charming by Elliott James
This is another fantasy recommendation for me. It sounds outstanding, I just tend to be hesitant about books written by guys…. I shouldn’t, I know, but… yeah.
♛ The Highs ♛
Not bad, not bad — less than 30 adds before I went and culled it back even more.
- Hate Thy Neighbor by S.M. Soto
They exchange insults and pranks– hate to love~ I’m looking forward to reading this one! Also, his style on the cover is totally my thing ahhahaha.
- The Butcher of the Bay: Part II by J. Bree
We are so close to this conclusion coming out. I’m so ready to see how they finally come together… then I might have to re-read Hannaford Prep ^_^
- Black Canary: Breaking Silence by Alexandra Monir
Black Canary is slowly becoming a superhero I really enjoy learning about. I can’t wait to see how she is reimagined for the YA audience.
- Four Letter Word by J. Daniels
A wrong number meet cute! I love these!
- Mission: Improper by Bec McMaster
I finally finished the first series! I’m going to give it a few months before I continue, but I’m excited to see where this world is going.
- Fence: Striking Distance by Sarah Rees Brennan
A book based off the graphic novel??? YES, Please!
- The Money Man by Nancy Herkness
This one sounds fun and I like that there seems to be a strong plot with the romance.
- Dear Sexy Ex-Boyfriend by Lauren Blakely
I actually haven’t read anything by this author, but this sounds fun and I think I should give her a try since she has such a huge following.
- Space Age: Houston, Prepare to Launch by Sara L. Hudson
Oooo it isn’t often the female main character is smart (works for NASA) and is the older of the potential couple. I really want to see where this goes.
- Hecate’s Gift by Cassandra Trussell
This might be a buddy read for this weekend. It sounds all over the place, but I have hopes it will work out.
TBR TOTAL: 1116
No change! This is because I did remove some other books during the week… but, you know what I’m still proud of myself…. kind of. I know I need to read more off my TBR than random books willy-nilly, but oh well.