It is finally, finally Friday.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
❌Darkest Night by Tara Thomas
It isn’t at any of my libraries, so I’ll have to say no to this one.
✅La Belle Sauvage by Philip Pullman
Of course I’ll read this one! I mean… eventually…
✅Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen
I heard this was a good audiobook, so I’ll keep it again. I also enjoy reading books about married couples and it sounds funny.
✅The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill
I’ve heard really good things about this book, even if I don’t see many reviews for it.
✅Green Rider by Kristen Britain
This sounds so magical and amazing! Why have I not read this one yet?
♛ The Highs ♛
I added… too many books this week. I’m actually in awe of how many I added. Over 60 books. How even?! I know some of these are because I entered giveaways, but yikes. I removed so, so many books, you have no idea and here I give you my top 10 adds from the week.
- A Villain for Christmas by Alice Winters
I have been loving the Alice Winters books I’ve been reading… this may be one of 4 of her books I added to my TBR this week. This one I’m saving from Christmas (maybe), but the others I might be devouring soon.
- Track the Sun by Becca Andre
She’s an animal trainer, but she has magic and is hiding from a shaman. Verra interesting.
- The Knight & The Necromancer by A.H. Lee
Potentially enemies to lovers???
- Zoey Punches the Future in the Dick by David Wong
The sequel I forgot I was waiting for, but am now totally hyped about!!
- They Called Us Enemy by George Takei
I thought this was on my TBR already…. anyhow, planning on reading this super soon.
- Our Dreams at Dusk, vol. 2 by Yuhki Kamatani
The first volume was so good!
- Home Before Dark by Riley Sager
The one book I read by this author was good and this one sounds creepily good.
- Will & Patrick Wake Up Married by Leta Blake & Alice Griffiths
This one sounds absolutely adorable.
- Failed Princesses, vol. 1 by Ajiichi
Gosh this is another adorable sounding one that I hope is full of love, hope, and cuteness.
- Unmasked by the Marquess by Cat Sebastian
I keep telling myself I’m going to read this author — I don’t even know how many books of hers I have on my TBR. Also, I don’t know if I’ve read a book with a nonbinary character before so, wow this would be new for me.
TBR TOTAL: 1085
Last week my total was 1060, honestly I’d be more “how is this possible” had I not just brought my total DOWN from 1100+ going through them for my Highs.
So, I’m really glad I go through my TBR every week to clean up books that I added on whims.