It is finally, finally Friday.
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
✅ Darkhouse by Karina Halle
I’m not usually a fan of horror… anymore. This one though, sounds like a lighter horror and it is on KU, so I’m still interested. In fact, I think I’ll borrow it now.
✅ The Supernatural Enchancements by Edgar Cantero
This book still sounds very interesting. I might also be group reading it soon…
✅ The Turn by Kim Harrison
I swear I’ll read this eventually. I’m supposed to be re-reading the series, so maybe this time I’ll start with this one instead of Dead Witch Walking.
❌ I Wish For You by Camilla Isley
Women’s fic doesn’t always interest me and this one really isn’t doing it for me anymore.
✅ Vacant by Alex Hughes
I’m keeping this on my TBR because I don’t want to forget about this series. I can only hope one day the series will continue, for now I don’t want to read this one yet, because ugh cliffhangers, you know?
♛ The Highs ♛
I added… so many books, here are my top 15.
- Ghosts & Liars by Kathryn Ann Kingsley
I read the first book and reeeeally liked it! I’m excited for this one to come out and well I’m determined to read more by this author–I’ve added two other books by them onto my TBR.
- One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London
A plus-size fashion blogger who is now the star of Main Squeeze (aka The Bachelorette??). I know, I know, I said above I’m not super into Women’s fic, but come on! This sounds great.
- Better Than People by Roan Parrish
Two people who prefer the company of animals, but somehow come to care about each other. Um, Yes.
- Pretend She’s Here by Luanne Rice
I’m already feeling hooked from the synopsis. I wanna know what they do!
- White Trash Warlock by David R. Slayton
Magic in the real-world and is Death really going to make an appearance? IDK, but I’m intrigued.
- Made For You by K. Shantel
She’s ridiculously rich, she’s working side gigs left and right to start her own business. Could they find a connection though? Yes, and I want to read how it happens 😉
- The Truth About Keeping Secrets by Savannah Brown
Ooooo another YA mystery and this one is about secrets and just sounds crazy.
- The Marriage Game by Sara Desai
It sounds so cuuuuute and I do like the forced proximty trope which I think this applies a little.
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonni
Nothing I say will do this book justice, it sounds that amazing. Go check it out!
- What We Don’t Talk About by Charlot Kristensen
This is a graphic novel about an interracial couple and how tone deaf the dude is, because he just isn’t getting that his family’s reaction to his girlfriend isn’t fine.
- Loathe at First Sight by Suzanne Park
I’m pretty sure I clicked “Want to Read” before reading the synopsis because of that title haha. All honesty though, sexism in the workplace and pressure from her Korean parents face Melody as she makes a video game about male strippers surviving during an apocalypse. Someone make me this game and send me this book STAT!
- A Taste of Sage by Yaffa S. Santos
She is a chef that can taste emotions a person felt when making food. She ends up liking the taste of his food. I’m… interested, but also not sure how I feel about this one.
- Wolf Under Fire by Paige Tyler
I haven’t read anything by this author before, but this series sounds good and she has so many supernatural military/security– I might as well give one a try.
- Seven Devils by Laura Lam & Elizabeth May
Do you see that cover? Plus, it is a female crew ready to take down an empire… I’m down.
- Take it Down a Notch by Weston Parker
It is written by a dude– an ex-fireman/EMT and not gonna lie, the synopsis is pulling me in so many directions. I’ve gotta read it.
TBR TOTAL – 1060
Yikes… 15 more books than last week. I have a problem.