- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
✅Ice Massacre by Tiana Warner
Females warriors going out to kill mermaids– and there is a romance?? I gotta read this.
❌ Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly
So many of my GR friends haven’t had good thoughts about this one, so I’ll pass on it.
✅ The Holver Alley Crew by Marshall Ryan Maresca
I’m a sucker for heist books! And to add to it, they are amateurs which means there may be some shenanigans.
✅ The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
Jack the Ripper… can anyone pass by a book that brings up this infamous killer AND is paranormal?
❌ Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
This was a hard decision, but with the mixed reviews and my tendency to dislike Robin Hood retellings, I think it is better for all if I stay away from it.
♛ The Highs ♛
Less than 30 adds this week — honestly, not bad? hahaha. I just can’t keep myself from finding adding books~ 💖 Here are my top 10!
- Conspiracy by Lindsay Buroker
This series! While I wasn’t a huge fan of book 3, I have high hopes for book 4.
- The Prince’s Game by Lexi C. Foss
A contest with a prince as a prize? I’m not too sure what this is about, but I’m definitely interested.
- Lick by Kylie Scott
I’ve been hearing a lot about this series and the author lately. I read one book by her and liked it, so I’ll give this series a try, especially since I want to read more rockstar romances 😉
- Last Girls by Demetra Brodsky
This sounds like a thriller and I usually prefer them in the wilderness, so this fits me well.
- Moonstruck, vol. 3 by Grace Ellis
I did like volume 2 more than 1 and the art style is super cute, so I’m looking forward to this release.
- Nightschool, vol. 1 by Svetlana Chmakova
Did you know this series is on KU?!
- How to be a Normal Person by TJ Klune
Honestly, how is every book by this author not on my TBR already?
- Baba Yaga’s Assistant by Marika McCoola
This graphic novel sounds so cute.
- Blurred Lines by KD Williamson
f/f romance between a doctor and a cop that might be an enemies-to-lovers? Yeah, I wanna read this one.
- How to Tame Your Duke by Juliana Gray
A princess in disguise, secret liasion, and single father — this book is just begging me to read it.
TBR TOTAL: 1020
Can you believe my total is down by one? Probably helps I removed a few throughout the week — I was bored, I was brutal, I can’t even remember what is gone haha.