My last New Years post. After this, I’ll try getting the blog to a normal schedule. Hopefully posting 5 times a week. Anyhow….
Here it is: my top ten books of the year post. LOL just kidding. 🤣🤣🤣😂😭
I poured over each monthly wrap up, looking at books– some I’d even forgotten I’d read this year! It was brutal, and out of about 110 books I narrowed it down to 52 books… for someone who read over 600 books in a year, I think this is doing good (less than 10% of the books I read).
So, instead I made multiple lists!!
I made a Middle Grade & Young Adult list, Graphic Novels list, and Adult list
And no duplicates — so yes, this is my way of showing off more books.
Just to clarify, these are books I read this year, not necessarily books published this year!
Top 5 Graphic Novels
- Delicious in Dungeon, vol. 1-6 by Ryoko Kui
- Crush by Svetlana Chmakova
- Fence, vol. 1-3 by C.S. Pacat
- The Backstagers series by James Tynion IV
- Beastars, vol. 1 & 2 by Paru Itagaki
Top 10 Young Adult Books
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
- Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
- Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen
- The Infinite Noise by Lauren Shippen
- Song for a Whale by Lynne Kelly
- Waiting for Normal by Leslie Connor
Mostly, I think this list proves that I really need to read more contemporary….
Top 12 Adult Books
This list right here is what took the most time, stars friggin’ above.
- Vicious by L.J. Shen
I still can’t say Vicious without adding a sigh at the end.
- Red, White, & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
- Let’s Get Textual by Teagan Hunter
Loved how the Text-based romance was done.
- Faking Ms. Right by Claire Kingsley
- All for the Game series by Nora Sakavic
I actually bought this series. If you know me, you know how in love with this series I am.
- Wolfsong by T.J. Klune
5 pages in I was crying, yeah there was no way this book wasn’t making this list.
- Demi-God of San Francisco 1-3 by K.F. Breene
2020 has only just started and I’ve already re-read these books,so I could read the 4th book–which just came out. Eventually I’ll buy this series, I swear.
- Trick by Natalia Jaster
- Rockton series by Kelley Armstrong
- Stillhouse Lake series Rachel Caine
- Sapphire Flames by Ilona Andrews
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir
If I was forced at knife point to pick my favorite book of the year, Gideon the Ninth is probably the one that would win… although, I’m not sure if it is because it is the most recently read of the pack or because it made such an impact…
Seriously, narrowing this down was brutal and even as I’m typing up these final words I’m second-guessing my choices. No, no, I’m moving on — ending this now before I make 5,000 changes.