Yikes! I’m late, I’m late!! I’ve been buried deep into a romance groove and only realized on my way home from work that I forgot to prep this post! And I can’t just not do this one, can I??? My TBR will go even more out of control!
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
While it still sounds interesting, the reviews are so mixed, that I had to go with my gut on this one.
- Witchstruck by Victoria Lamb
I just don’t think this one would be for me– but can totally see people enjoying this one.
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Look, I did like the first book, but I dislike the male lead… so, I have no desire to continue on… I stare at this book at work and have thought of bringing it home, but just never can get myself to do it.
- The Rise of Wolves by Kerr Thomson
I know I added this for a reason, but I can’t remember why… I need to start adding notes!
- Let it be Me by Jody Holford
So, we’ve finally gotten to the books which were once part of my “Highs” and well… yeah it still sounds hecka cute, but no libraries have it and to be honest, I forgot all about it, so….
♛ The Highs ♛
I’m in the midst of a huge romance binge and my recent adds are totally going to reflect that…
15 adds this week… so many, but some I’m planning on reading very soon.
- The Strongest Steel by Scarlett Cole
Pretty sure I saw a blog post about a review on another book in this series and it looked really interesting.
- Carter Reed by Tijan
So, I saw Tijan as a similar author to Mariana Zapata??? Gonna have to read something by them just to see 🙂
- The Mistake by Elle Kennedy
I read The Deal and LOVED IT. Currently have this one and the next… 2 books out from the library right now, although I only added this one to the TBR haha.
- Fall by Kristen Callihan
Idol and Managed were so, so good. This book is now sitting on my nightstand. It will probably be the next thing I read.
- Big Rock by Lauren Blakely
It sounds like this one is a funny romance, which I’m so down far. I have this out from the library right now.
- A Map of the Dark by Karen Ellis
I don’t remember why I added this one; it does sound intriguing though…
- Dark Vortex by Stella Marie Alden & Chantel Seabrook
This one was talked about in a GR group. I’m on the fence with it now though, I do have it out from KU but hmmmm.
- Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey
I got the ARC 😀
- There’s Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon
- The Gutter Prayer by Gareth Hanrahan
I saw this one on Destiny’s last TBR Lows & Highs post!
- Technically, You Started It by Lana Wood Johnson
Another add because of Destiny 😉 this sounds so cute!
- Idol Thoughts by J.S. Lee
A K-Pop Reverse Harem series??? I’m sorry, how am I not supposed to be interested in this?!
- Bane by L.J. Shen
Look, Bane is called a Blink 182 reject in Scandalous and I immediately had to know more about him. I’m pretty simple to attract haha.
- Wanna Bet? by Talia Hibbert
I read the first book in the series yesterday and just… wow. So, yeah I’m going to read this one SOON!
- Bad for the Boss by Talia Hibbert
Not going to lie, this was a random add because I know I need more Talia Hibbert in my life.
TBR Total: 683 — 3 up from last week.
Honestly??? This is a bit miraculous considering all the reading I’ve been doing has mostly been books not even on my TBR.
So, now I’m about 500 book into my TBR and I’ve hit the books I originally put on my Highs. I’m not sure what I’ll do next week… might have to start from the beginning and do something different 🙂 We will see.