Putting this one up a little late this week, but I couldn’t skip it all together 🙂
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
*I’m still showing just books I’m removing, but once I get to books that I added this year or hmmm 6 months back, then I’ll return to the books at the bottom that need to be read ASAP. All books I add back onto my TBR thanks to everyone’s recommendations I will put on my ‘read within one year’ shelf. *
- The Black Lily by Juliette Cross
Okay, I’ve heard some good things about this and it is a vampire retelling with Cinderella trying to kill “the prince”. I’m so down for this! BUT, my library doesn’t have it AND I read one book by this author which was a letdown. So, I’m waiting for my GR friends to read this before I add it back… So go read it and tell me what you think!!
- Unravel by Calia Read
I’m not as interested anymore. Someone also compared it to We Are Liars which didn’t work for me.
- Virgin by Radhika Sandhani
I go back and forth on reading this one at least every other month. I’ve decided I’m just not that interested anymore.
- Very Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills
How does one know they’ve met their soulmate and then decide resist the pull? Besides wanting to know the answer to that, I’m not too interested in what the synopsis said. *shrugs* Maybe next time.
- Firebolt by Adrienne Woods
I’m all about reading books with dragons, but I think I can pass on this for something better.
♛ The Highs ♛
Okay… so… *sigh* this count below is so not even accurate because practically every book I’ve read this week wasn’t on my TBR… I added it and read it. And yet, below are 12 books I added and haven’t yet read.
- Moonshine by Rob Thurman
*sigh* I don’t know… I wasn’t planning on reading the sequel, but I’d like to see if it gets better… and I want to read more about awesome Niko.
- Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve
Did you guys see that there is going to be a movie or TV show based off this??
- Mercy Blade by Jane Yellowrock
I read the first two and thought they were okay with good moments. I’ll give this one a try before deciding if I’ll read the rest of the series.
- Briar and Rose and Jack by Katherine Coville
I picked this one up from Netgalley.
- Merry Inkmas by Talia Hibbert
Destiny over at Howling Libraries has been raving about this author, so when she mentioned this book and I saw it was on sale, I had to swoop in and grab it. I’m looking forward to this holiday read!
- 29 Dates by Melissa De La Cruz
I got this one from Netgalley as well!
- The Dead Queens Club by Hannah Capin
Look at all these cute Netgalley books I’ve gotten!
- Neutral & Pain by Jane Washington and Jaymin Eve
Books #4.5 & #5 of a series I only just started this week… yes, that is how far I’m into it. My interest is waning, but I’m so close to the end, I might as well finish it.
- Charming by Jane Washington
I read her Seraph Black series this week and I’m still reading her co-authored Curse of the Gods series. The books definitely have weak points, but they are also so good… I need to try another series 🙂
Ones Without Covers Still:
War (The Four Horseman #2) by Laura Thalassa — the first book was soooo good.
One Apocalypse (The Dark Side #4) by Kristy Cunning — I started this series this week and just fell in love with it. Like… I can’t believe this book is the last of the series when I need So. Much. More.
Did I say 12 books?? Hahahaha
Here are 4 more I found while just putting this list together:
- Power of Five by Alex Lidell
- The Jaguar King by Anna McIlwraith
- Protector of Midnight by Debbie Cassidy
- Shoot the Messenger by Pippa DaCosta
….yeah, um, I’m in a huge Reverse Harem bubble right now.
TBR Total: 678 — 6 up from last week.
I blame joining Kindle Unlimited for this!!