Let’s see what I removed and added from my TBR!
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- ALTERNATIVE OPTION: Find 5+ titles that are at the BOTTOM of your TBR—books you want to read someday, just not right now!
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
*I’m still showing just books I’m removing, but once I get to books that I added this year or hmmm 6 months back, then I’ll return to the books at the bottom that need to be read ASAP. All books I add back onto my TBR thanks to everyone’s recommendations I will put on my ‘read within one year’ shelf. *
- The White Princess by Philippa Gregory
I do want to try more Historical reads, but this is #5 in a series. I think I’ll start with #1 whjch is already on my TBR.
- Davenport House by Marie Silk
I swear I’m trying to read more Historical fiction… I’m not dumping everything from my TBR. This just doesn’t sound great anymore and some reviews have warned me off.
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
Please don’t panic! I do plan on reading this, but I haven’t read anything by this author yet and want to start with Elantris which is also on my TBR. This one will make it’s way back onto my TBR if I like the other series. Because I think everything he writes is connected???
- The Secret Lives of Superhero Wives by Joynell Schultz
I’m still interested in this one, but none of my libraries have it 😦
- One Last Breath by Laura Griffin
I added this one because it is in a Reader’s Advisory textbook I read for class. The synopsis though… it sounds interesting, until it’s the guy thinking about the woman… thoughts which aren’t working for me.
♛ The Highs ♛
5 new books added this week!
- Chaos Choreography by Seanan Mcguire
I don’t like adding too much of a series to my TBR at once, so once I finished book 3 of this series and put #4 on hold, I decided to add this one 🙂
- The Duke is but a Dreamboat by Anna Bennett
I just read the first book in this series and enjoyed it.
- Bad Boys Do by Victoria Dahl
I think I gave the first book 3 stars, so it wasn’t terrible… I wasn’t planning on continuing the series, but I think I should try one more.
- Adventures in Online Dating by Julie Particka
I picked this one up from Netgalley.
- Not So Happily Ever After by Christina Phillips
Ditto the above 🙂
Dang… I keep adding so much romance to my TBR… I really need to read new stuff for awhile.
My TBR total: 676 (down 9 from last week)
My goal is to get down to 650 ^_^ for some reason that is a safe-looking number for me.