I did good only adding 6 books last week, but I’ve been reading so slowly that my TBR count isn’t dropping like I hoped 😦 Here is this post again to give relief to my TBR list!
- Link back to the original post at Howling Libraries
- Sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, ascending
- Find 5-10 (or more, if you feel ambitious!) titles to purge from your TBR (the “lows”)
- Post those 5 books in the list, with a brief explanation of why you removed it
- Next, sort your Goodreads TBR shelf by date added, descending
- List the last 5 (or more!) books you added to your TBR, with a synopsis or your brief summary of why you added it (the “highs”)
✘✘✘ The Lows ✘✘✘
- Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee
This one sounds really good, but I’m not a fan of time travel– it takes a lot to get me to read something where time is tampered with. So, even though I’m interested, I know I may never be confident enough to pick it up.
- The Godless by Ben Peek
I have a love-hate relationship with epic/high fantasy. I love the idea of them, but I drag my feet starting them and when actually reading I can only read them in chunks. Not many of my GR friends have read this one, so I’m dropping it in favor of other high fantasy books people seem to enjoy more.
- A Brush of Darkness by Allison Pang
The reviews make the romance in this one sound horrible! There is a ton of PNR out there, I think I can try something better.
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
This is my controversial low. It sounds interesting, but I’ve been let down by other royal YA books this year and I’m not feeling confident about this one…
- Tracked by Jenny Martin
This is another one that still sounds interesting to me, but I’m detected a hint of love triangle. If someone else suggests I keep it, I will, otherwise I’m good with dropping it.
♛ The Highs ♛
- Arch-enemies by Marissa Meyer
I meant to add this in the beginning of the year. I liked the first book, but like nothing happened in it…. ALSO, it was only supposed to be a duology… I’m not sure if I want to commit to a trilogy… I might actually drop this???? Thoughts???
- Hellicious by Mina Elwell & more
I picked this one up from Netgalley!
- Timothy Top by Gud
Another one I picked up from Netgalley!
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang
I absolutely loved The Kiss Quotient, so once I finished it I immediately added this to my TBR list 🙂
- Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley
This is a book I keep seeing around. It seems cute.
Somehow, I’m under 700 books on my TBR *gasp* I know, I don’t believe it either…