- Created by @gingerreadslainey
- Hosted by Sam @ThoughtsOnTomes.
- If you want to join, go to the Goodreads group by clicking here.
This week’s theme is Settings You Want to See More Of. These can be time periods (historical or futuristic) or places (real or fictitious)!
It has been awhile since I’ve been a T5W! For the last few weeks I haven’t been able to think of answers. This week still I don’t have anything very specific since I think there are tons of books with the settings I like. Therefore I’m just going to be mentioning the settings I like!
- Past with Fantasy: This is probably one of the most common setting I read. Although, the more I look at my examples below the more I realize the place setting is similar… so, how about the past in not Europe.
Princess of Thorns, Trickster’s Choice, Six of Crows
- Past with Sci-fi (Steampunk): I love the concept of steampunk but, I haven’t read too much of it.
Beauty and the Clockwork Beast, Cinder, Soullness
- Dystopia: A little over done at this point but, I still love it. Maybe what we need more of )or what I need to read more of) are Dystopias that don’t send the world back before running water or other modern conveniences.
The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, Ready Player One,
- Somewhere Besides the USA: This isn’t to say I don’t like reading books set in the US but, sometimes I like different places like Korea, Japan, Italy, etc. And this doesn’t just mean real world either, I like books that take place on a world that don’t exist which fits Fantasy really well.
The Wrath & The Dawn, Risuko, A Court of Thorns & Roses
- Worlds With Magical Creatures: Is this cheating? I hope not haha. Bring me the magical creatures!!
Immortals series, Game of Thrones, Touch of Power