Today, I’m doing the Ultimate Book Tag, originally from Chapter Chicks, a book related YouTube channel. I found this tag on Book Attic. I tag anyone reading this who would like to do this tag. I hope you like it!
Honestly, this is something I’m not always aware of. Then again, maybe I pick authors with the same kind of writing style…
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
- Harry Potter does not define his whole life on romance. When his crush likes Cedric more than him, he gets sad but he deals with it.
- Harry and his friends have a healthy relationship and even have friends outside of their main circle. Just because they like someone else doesn’t mean they will forget their friends.
- Hermione Granger grows so frickin’ strong. She is a strong female lead and a great role model. She lives without Ron when she needs to, deals with torture and loss of friends. She is smart and cares about learning. In my mind, she is a better role model than Bella.
No book bag for me. I do borrow my Fiance’s iPad though which has soooo many books on it now. Now that I won’t be using my backpack all the time, I will definitely need a bigger purse that will fit a paperback and wallet easily or at least the iPad and my wallet.
5. Do you smell your books?
Yes!! One thing I miss about reading physical copies of books is the smell. I just… I.. hmm I can’t put it into words but, it makes me happy.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I think it depends on the book. Nonfiction books are better with illustrations, in my opinion. Fiction books generally don’t need pictures unless it is a map or a children’s book.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I’m going to have to say Twilight here. Even as a teen I saw some issues and just went with it. Now, I can’t even imagine picking it up again. I actually gave all my books away.
Not really…. More like once I started reading fantasy all the time my parents made me read non-fantasy book between them. Also… my step-mom had me reading some really… not middle school age friendly books.
Anyone here ever read the Flowers in the Attic series?
Or anything by John Saul
Not really stuff I would have given a 12 year old to read but, hey, good thing I was pretty mature anyhow…
My shelves I don’t have a bookshelf because I’m still in my moms house… I have books in boxes, books in cabinets and cubbies… books EVERYWHERE. It has been years since I’ve seen all my books… I actually don’t know all I have!! So… I can’t answer this
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do think in the future I’ll try my hand at being an author.
Hmmm back when I was learning to read from Highlights? haha.I have periods where I rad a lot then stop for a long time, then pick it up again.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I don’t really read classics. Not my style.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
In High School my fave subjects were Choir and English. By then I was pretty good at writing essays so, it was probably my best subject too.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would put in on my shelves for a few months.. maybe a year so the people could see it when they visited and then take it off and leave it around a while before taking it to the library or used book store.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I’m not a Youtuber but, when I write blogs? I tend to get distracted. I check my e-mail, my goodreads account, my tumblr, go eat… yeah just anything.
18. What is your favorite word?
I don’t have a favorite word…
All of the above?? I’m not completely sure on all the different meanings but, I’m definitely a dork. I can be silly or say stupid things when I’m not thinking. Nerd… I kinda associate this with being totally dedicated to stuff or studious. Which, depending on the subject I can be a nerd lol. Dweeb? Yeah, I’m not the greatest in social settings. if I’m in a room with tons of people I don’t know… I get bored.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires! What they do is pretty well defined and they are easier to deal with. The Fae… they are super hard to deal with and I’d be so dumb I’d end up falling in a trap.
21. Shape-shifters or Angels? Why?
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves! Which I take as a Shape-Shifter. Spirits are meh. What can you do as a spirit?
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Dear god neither. Unless a love triangle is done right, I don’t like it. Forbidden love… over done. Plus, forbidden love usually brings up Romeo & Juliet… *shudders* please no.
25. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Give me the action!! I do prefer some love scenes and a love story but, just romance books can be a bit boring and too ‘insta-love’ for my tastes.
Oh! That’s it!! Like I said, anyone who wants to can do this one! If you could comment to your post I’d love to see your answers!!